Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saving Money for the First Time Never Felt so Good!

I've never been all that good with money. I blame it on a family curse, but I know it's mostly my fault. I never really learned how to balance a checkbook or how credit cards work and all that fun financial know-how (read: extremely boring).  In college, I can recall several times when I accidentally overdrafted my account (I partially blame late-night food orders for this), and worse, didn't even notice until days later.  And having a lot of school loans to pay after college didn't help much either. 

But I can honestly say that going to South Korea to teach English for a year was the best financial decision I had made so far in my life. Although I'm not making a ton of money like some of my business major friends, I am saving a ton of money, and I'm able to put a lot of it towards my school loans as well. While I was applying for jobs, I found this great link about how much money I can save while teaching in Korea.  It really gave me hope for how I can get my (financial) life in order while having a great time teaching.

The best part of the deal is that I think I can do a bit of traveling at the end of my contract as well!I just got my passport a year ago, so I'm excited to get it all stamped up around Southeast Asia. I'm thinking of starting in Vietnam and moving westward toward Laos and hopefully ending my travels Thailand. It's  a little far in advance, but I think it's definitely an option!  Funners! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you



    Dentist New Providence NJ

    ReplyDelete